The use of fenugreek in
cultural and traditional settings may differ from concepts accepted
by current Western medicine. When considering the use of herbal
supplements, consultation with a primary health care professional is
advisable. Additionally, consultation with a practitioner trained in
the uses of herbal/ health supplements may be beneficial, and
coordination of treatment among all health care providers involved
may be advantageous. Here are some of the known benefits of
- The soluble fibre in fenugreek seeds can reduce dietary fat
absorption by binding to fatty acids as well as create a
sensation of "fullness" and reduced appetite.
- It is a good agent for reducing serum cholesterol.
- Fenugreek seeds are also considered one of the cleansing
herbs used on the body to eliminate built up waste materials,
toxins and fat from the arteries.
- Fenugreek herbal capsules is also used in anaemia as it
contains good amount of vitamin
- Fenugreek is considered the finest herb for enhancing
feminine beauty it also aids in sexual stimulation, balances
blood sugar levels, and contains choline which aids the thinking
- It has been commonly used for centuries by breastfeeding
mothers to increase milk supply.
- Fenugreek capsules has been the focus of several studies
concerning the treatment of diabetes and the prevention of
breast cancer. Its ability to balance hormone levels aids in
treating PMS and menopause.
- Its antioxidants slow aging and help prevent disease.